January 1, 2023 | Altura Blog
Another challenging year is behind us! We’ve made it to 2023 – and to everyone working in the care sector, we want to acknowledge your hard work and dedication to improving the lives of those you support.
Providing the right care and support requires a foundation of knowledge that only comes with quality training and inspired learning. This is at the heart of everything we do.
Good quality training enhances existing experience and fills in knowledge gaps. This can be achieved for each learner by facilitating opportunities to engage in training that:
- meets their needs
- is relevant to their role
- will help them achieve their goals
As you prepare your training calendar for the year ahead, what are some key considerations?
- Ensuring the training is relevant to your organisation’s needs.
- Providing opportunities for learners to set their own learning and development goals.
- Staying current on new legislation changes that impact on staff training requirements.
- Setting your learners up for a win – is the training accessible to every learner in the organisation?
Altura Learning has developed a resource (see links below) to assist you in identifying what courses are currently available to support your most urgent and critical training needs. And don’t forget, you can also use our courses to customise and develop content unique to your own organisation.
Our courses also come with a suite of Learning Resources to support further learning, including:
- Extension Assessment – A reflection exercise for staff requiring further professional development
- Evidence Assessment – A competency or skills audit that coordinators can use with their staff
- Quick Reference Guide – A useful resource to use as a handout for staff and as part of a toolbox talks
- Infographic – A visual learning support that can be used for refresher training or as a poster
- Coordinator Resources – This provides coordinators with a number of additional training activities that they can implement, such as case scenarios and games.