July 28, 2017 | Altura Blog
Rights & Responsibilities
Via ACC on demand, explain legislative requirements and the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality as well as principles around information sharing.
After viewing this course, participants should be able to:
- Define privacy and confidentiality and discuss the legislative requirements for Aged Care Facilities
- Explain what information is collected by Aged Care Facilities
- Explain the strategies Aged Care Facilities can implement to protect privacy and confidentiality
- Explain the responsibilities when a breach of privacy or confidentiality has occurred
Think about . . .
- What can you do to ensure a person’s privacy and confidentiality is protected?
- What approaches can be used to respond to staff that may be at risk of breaching privacy and confidentiality?